Sunday, December 22, 2013

2013 wrap-up

Reflection can be powerful. It shows us how far we've come. Sometimes I don't realize how far, as each day I try to live in the present as that is truly where it all happens. Looking back over the year is really eye-opening. Wow! It's been a big year! Probably one of the biggest of my life. I look at all the people I shared these moments with and the new friends that have come into my life, who have also become like family. Some where just there for a period of time when I needed them and some will be lifelong friends. I am grateful for all and for the experiences we shared.

So, here's just a brief wrap-up of 2013 and some of my favorite photos. These are the best of times, remember this, as throughout the year there is also the tough times that we don't always see and share, we don't always want to remember. Those experiences are also important as they help us grow, find strength, persevere and they can be our biggest teachers. Nothing is guaranteed, so cherish the happy times and know you will get through the tough.

  • Had one of the best stay-cations ever; trying out new things in KC and visiting some local favorites.
  • Ran my first half marathon and had a blast doing it!
  • Niece and goddaughter, Madeline Elise, born.
  • Completed 200-hour registered yoga teacher training.
  • Traveled to Vancouver with my dad.
  • Started teaching hot yoga at Core Energy.
  • Left advertising job of more than 9 years.
  • Started working the front desk at Your Wellness Connection and quickly added marketing and operations to the repertoire.
  • Became certified in a corporate wellness program – Wellness on a Shoestring by Dr. Michelle Robin (who owns Your Wellness Connection).
  • Participated in Baron Baptiste 40-day personal revolution through Core Energy.
  • Completed my first 3-day Juice Cleanse.













4 comments:

  1. Love this!!! You had an amazing year, glad to be a little part of it :) Looking foward to 2014!! So proud of you! (Ashley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! So happy you had a wonderful 2013 - here's to an ever better 2014! Miss you and would love to catch up soon. - Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I made it in a blog pic! Great year for you, Nici. So excited for you!
    Erin H

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete