Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yoga

I joined a new gym in June and have been keeping busy with yoga classes. I also like the fact that they have an indoor and outdoor swimming pool where I can swim laps and get some sun! I'm also enjoying a yoga class on Monday nights at a different yoga studio. I feel like I am more challenged in that class and it is more than just a form of exercise. So 2-3 days during the week, I can be found at yoga class after work and on the weekends more yoga and some pool time. That's a pretty nice summer to me.

My company has a wellness program, where employees get points for eating their fruits and veggies, working out, getting check-ups and not smoking. With enough points you get a free day off work. I've started leading a yoga class at work every other Thursday over the lunch hour and really enjoy it. I just did my third class last week and have had about 4-6 co-workers attending each class. It's nice to share what I know and also practice my yoga. I've been told a couple times that I should get certified. This is something that was in the back of my mind (I put the project management certification on hold, don't think it's right for me). So, I emailed my first yoga instructor (who inspired me when I first started) and asked what she thought. She recommended a certification in Colorado Springs next February. I'm planning to get some more information and see what this would all entail. Might be a nice second income for me one of these days.

And since I put my new car and new roof on hold, I decided I am going to make my next dream vacation a reality. I'm going to Hawaii!!! Next March there is a yoga retreat I found through an adventure-vacation company. Each retreat they do has some sort of activity associated with it. Yoga and Hawaii – what a perfect match! I'm planning to sign up in the next couple weeks and I've already talked to my boss about taking the time off from work. I hope to learn a lot about myself and yoga and Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment