Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Big City

I have been planning a trip to Chicago with my Mom. I was telling a client at work the other day about the trip and they said I must like the big cities. Last year I went to New York City and this year Chicago. I've thought about this before coming from a small town. My friends and I would drive to the “big city,” Wichita, KS which was about a 30 minute road trip. We would go to the mall, movie theatre and Red Lobster. 

I guess from the beginning I was always looking for more. I knew I wanted to go away to college and Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS was the perfect fit. Still that home-town feel, however more people and more to do. I made some life-long friends there and two of them ended up in the next big city with me, Kansas City. One friend has since moved on to San Diego and I am wondering if I am ready for the next big city. I've really enjoyed traveling and the freedom my job gives me. I've been able to afford to travel and take the time off. I love New York City and I'm sure I'll love Chicago. For now traveling to the big cities is enough for me, however one day I may feel the need to take on the next big city in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment