Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Manifest your dreams

I'm on day 18 of a 40 day personal yoga revolution. My tribe at the yoga studio, Core Energy, and I are embarking on this together. We gradually increase our yoga and meditation practice over the weeks and also journal and eat mindfully. We meet once a week to talk and share and reflect. First week was presence, second week was vitality and this week is equanimity. Each week I have taken on that theme and thought about it throughout my day and yoga practice. I have to admit the meditation is difficult, if I don't do it after I practice yoga I usually don't don't to it. However, reminding myself that meditation comes in many shapes and forms is key. For example, yesterday I sat outside by a tree with the sun shining down on me and closed my eyes for about 5 minutes. That is meditating.

Each week builds on the week prior. This week, I'm hitting a little bit of a rock. My energy is down and my muscles are weak. However, just like I've learned through yoga, when I practice, my energy level does go up and my tired, sore, muscles feel so much better, especially in the heat. This practice makes me feel alive, free, in the moment with each breath. Have you really taken a deep breath lately? Filled your lungs with oxygen and then let every last bit release out. Wow, doesn't that feel good!

This week's theme, equanimity. is about the calm, peacefulness you carry with you. We all have it and we can all choose to share it. It's about staying even when you don't think it's possible to stay any longer. To breath through and find new space. Finding space for something new, something that showcases your vitality.

What makes you come alive? What are you manifesting for yourself? Where do you see yourself in a year, 5 years, 10 years? Dream big and write it down. I can honestly say these past three months have been eye-opening. You just have to be open to the possibilities and know that things happen right when they are supposed to and not a minute sooner. Looking back, I see the exact moments that totally changed the course of my life. The people I met when I was ready to meet them and the opportunities that I was ready to accept. It took me awhile to see how my life could be different and now that I see it, I'm not looking back.

Just a little update on what I've been manifesting:
  • Taking on more responsibility at the wellness center in the areas of marketing and social media.
  • Corporate wellness certified last week through Dr. Michelle Robin's Wellness on a Shoestring program. Looking forward to sharing this in 2014 to earn a extra income to help pay for Baron Baptiste level 1 yoga training.
  • Working more with the corporate wellness program as they develop an online program and start a non-profit organization.
  • Finding a balance with my yoga teaching and freeing up space so I can have down time.
  • Meeting with a personal trainer to prepare for marathon training starting next month. Creating my tribe to have the best experience possible.


1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of weekly themes. I've tried to do that for weeks and months, but never lasted for long. Wish I was with your group!! Good for you, Nici. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete